Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Meeting Friends and friendly greetings

Today I began the drawings in the library. I ran into a couple of people that I knew, Brian from the Historical Society and Vivian, whom I used to teach. Its always wonderful if you come across people you know. Then at the end of the day I was wondering is it etiquette to wish the stranger at the table whom you have been silently sitting with, a good weekend? But whilst I was thinking about this she got in before me and wished me a very good evening.

The drawings are part of a project at Sunshine Library,





Between May and September 2015 artist Debbie Qadri will be working at the library to make a series of drawing & text based “Observations” on recycled papers found in the library. She will also work with library visitors to help them make their own Observations.
The Observations will be blogged, published into a book and displayed within the library to coincide with the Brimbank Writers and Readers Festival. 

This project has been supported by the Brimbank City Council and Sunshine Art Spaces activation partnership funding.


No comments:

Post a Comment